MBBS, MD (NMC Regd. 6166)
Dr Shakya has been providing his services at NCHRC since 2018. He has had extensive experience in the field of Cardiology and critical care from MCVTC, Teaching Hospital and Vayodha Hospital. His other current affiliations include Sumeru City Hospital, Lalitpur Heart Clinic/Nepal Heart Foundation and Wasa Pasa Polyclinic. With a special interest in Preventive Cardiology, he is managing patients with cardiac issues in both Cancer and non Cancer patients, including management of Acute coronary Syndromes, Heart failure, cardiomyopathies, pulmonary embolisms, DVTs and other therapy related issues. He is also involved in assessment and optimization of atherosclerotic risk factors like HTN, T2DM, Dyslipidemia prior to chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgery making sure that patients are in best of their health for their cancer treatment. In addition to conventional 2D Echocardiogram, he is also using novel technique of strain study to identify patients at high risk of chemotherapy induced Cardiomyopathy and administer preventive strategies in those who require cardioprotection.
- Shakya, S. & Maskey, A. (2020), Exercise-induced Bundle Branch Block – an Infrequent Incidence. Nepalese Medical Journal, 3(1), 317-319.
- Sahi, R., Sayami, A., Gajurel, R., Poudel, C., Shrestha, H., Thapa, S., Khanal, R., Devkota, S., Shakya, A., & Shakya, S., (2018), Prevalence and Patterns of Coronary artery disease in patients undergoing cardiac surgery for rheumatic and non-rheumatic valvular heart disease in a tertiary care center of Nepal. Nepalese Heart Journal, 15(2), 21-24.
- Shrestha, A., Thapa, S., Shakya, S., Shahi, R., Paudel, C., & Pathak, S. (2017). Coronary angiography finding of exercise treadmill test positive patients in a tertiary care center. Nepalese Heart Journal, 14(1), 17-20.
- Thakur KK, Gajurel RM, Shakya S, Bhattarai A, Raut M,Sayami A. Left atrial size and left ventricular mass index in hypertensive patients. Ann. Clin. Chem. Lab. Med. 2016:2(2);21-25.
- Chapagain, R., Shrestha, N., Kayastha, M., Shakya, S., Adhikari, K., & Shrestha, S. (2018). Spectrum of Congenital Heart Disease in Neonates Admitted in an Intermediate Care Unit of a Tertiary Level Hospital. Journal of Nepal Paediatric Society, 37(2), 174-177.
- Cardiac Society of Nepal (CSN)
- Nepal Medical Association (NMA)
- Society of Internal Medicine Of Nepal (SIMON)
- Asian Cardio oncology Society (ACOS)