ABOUT Dr. Santosh Thapa
MBBS, MD (NMC Regd. 7089)
Acute Kidney Injury, Chronic Kidney Disease, Glomerular Disease, and Renal Transplantation
Dr Thapa is one of the leading Nephrologist and Consultant Nephrologist at Nepal Cancer Hospital and Research Center Pvt. Ltd. He has been a Nephrologist for over 6 years. He specialized in nephrology at Stellenbosch University and Tygerberg Hospital. Cape Town, South Africa (Sept 2017 – Aug 2019), as a International Society of Nephrology (ISN) fellow (Clinical nephrology and Transplantation) for 2 years. He did his Postgraduation in Internal Medicine (Nephrology) from Southeast University, Nanjing, China (Sept 2011 – Jun 2014) and Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, China(Sept 2001 – Jun 2006).
He has several years of experience working in different medical institutions in and out of Kathmandu. Currently, he is also working as a Consultant Nephrologist in Shahid Dharmabhakta National transplant Center, Bhaktapur.
He has published articles in national and international journals and presented papers in various medical conferences and seminars. His motto is to practices evidence based medicine to provide highest standard of quality care with passion.
- Santosh Thapa, Hong Liu, and Bi-Cheng Liu. Effect of tacrolimus in idiopathic membranous nephropathy: a meta-analysis. Chinese medical journal. 2014;127(14): 2693-2699.
- Samir Singh, Aman Verma, Gopi Aryal, Santosh Thapa. Prevalence of thyroid hormone abnormalities in stage 5 chronic kidney disease: a tertiary care center study of Nepal. Int J Res Med Sci. 2016;4(9):3929-3933.
- Samir Singh, Aman Verma, Gopi Aryal, Santosh Thapa, Sudha Khakurel, Kalpana Shrestha. Thyroid hormone profile in patients with chronic kidney disease: a single centre study. J Nepal Health Counc 2016;14(34):197-201.
- Sarju Raj Singh, Manisha Dhakal, Santosh Thapa, Sudha Khakurel. Baclofen Toxicity in a Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 5D Patient. Nepalese Medical Journal. 2018;1(1): 53-55.
- Santosh Thapa, Razeen Davids. Modality of Renal Replacement Therapy in elderly South Africans. Manuscript reviewing.
- Nepal Society of Nephrology: Lifetime Member
- Kidney Foundation of Nepal (KFON): Founder member
- International Scoiety of Nephrology: Membership No: 217697
- Nepal Medical Association: Lifetime Member