ABOUT Dr. Sampurna Man Tuladhar
Senior Consultant Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeon
MBBS, MS, MRCS, Fellow(USA) (NMC Regd. 2125)
Senior Consultant Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon
Dr Tuladhar did his MBBS from Dhaka University, Bangladesh (1995), MS in Surgery from Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal (2001), MRCS from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (2003), Fellowship Cardiothoracic Surgery from University of Chicago, USA (April 2012 – April 2014).
In his numerous years of work experience, he had an opportunity to work in several hospitals in UK such as Basildon Hospital, Basildon, King’s College Hospital, London, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, St. Mary’s Hospital, London, University Hospital, Coventry, New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton, Hammersmith Hospital, London, Walsgrave Hospital, Coventry. In NCHRC, he is a lead Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon since November 2016. He is also affiliated with Shahid Dharma Bhakta National Transplant Centre as unit in charge Consultant Cardiac and Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon since November 2016 till present.
He had numerous presentations in national and international platforms.
Special Interest: Early detection of lung cancer in Nepal
1. Heart. 2006 Oct; 92(10):1373-7: Surgical Reconstruction of Mitral Valve. Tuladhar SM, PP Punjabi
2. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006 Oct;82(4):1519-21: Tuberculous pericardial effusion after coronary artery bypass graft. Tuladhar SM, Noursadeghi M, Boyle JJ, Freidland JS, Hornick P
3. Perfusion. 2007 May;22(3): 161-166. Miniature cardiopulmonary bypass – the Hammersmith experience. Mulholland JW, Anderson JR, Yarham GJ, Tuladhar SM, Saeed I, Oliver MD
4. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology.2009 Mar;53(3):261-6. Rapid detection of acute renal injury by serum and urinary neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) after cardiopulmonary bypass. Tuladhar SM, Puntmann V, Soni M, Punjabi PP, Bogle R
5. Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia. 2009 July-Dec;12(2):136-139.Delayed presentation of right and left ventricular perforation due to suicidal nail gun injury. Tuladhar SM, Eltayeb A, Lakshmanan S, Yiu P
6. Journal of College of Medical Sciences-Nepal. 2010 Vol-6, No-3, 50-51. Delayed presentation of diaphragmatic hernia in a young and fit patient requiring emergency management. Tuladhar SM, Sharma VK
7. Ann Thorac Surg. 2015 Jul 27 The Subclavian Intraaortic Balloon Pump : A Compelling Bridge Device for Advanced Heart Failure. Tanaka A, Tuladhar SM, Onsager D, Asfaw Z, Ota T, Juricek C, Lahart M, Lonchyna VA, Kim G, Fedson S, Sayer G, Uriel N, Jeevanandam V.
8. Kathmandu University Medical Journal. 2017 Vol 15, 249-252. Optimal starting dose of warfarin for treatment of deep vein thrombosis in Nepalese context, a retrospective-prospective institutional review. Shrestha, B.K. & Karmacharya, R.M. & Devbhandari, M & Tuladhar, S.M.
9. Kathmandu University Medical Journal. 2017 Vol 15. 188-190. Initial experience of complex peripheral bypass surgery at Dhulikhel Hospital, Kathmandu University Hospital. Karmacharya, R.M. & Shrestha, B & Devbhandari, M & Tuladhar, S.M. & Hodde, A & Thermann, F.
10. Thoracic Oncology: A Multidisciplinary Approach. First Edition 2014.
Editors Guitron J, Morris J,Redmond K. Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Lung cancer screening
Tuladhar SM, Kim Ki Wan, Howington J