MBBS, MD (NMC Regd. 10007)
Internal Medicine (Hematology)
Dr Rajbhandari has an experience of more than 5 years working at Nepal Cancer Hospital and Research Center. He did his post graduate training at Tianjin First Central Hospital, completing his Master degree in Internal Medicine with major area of study/research in Hematology. Besides core clinical work, he has authored and co-authored various scientific papers in peer reviewed journals in the field of Adoptive Immunotherapy, Iron overload, Leukemic stem cells. Most notably, his original papers and abstracts published in Asia Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, European Journal of Hematology, and Blood Journal, have combined citations of almost 100. He has also authored and presented multiple Oral abstracts on Septicemia, Malignant Lymphoma, Anti-microbial stewardship in National Seminars and presented as faculty in Primary CNS Lymphoma and Tumor Immune Microenvironment in International Seminars organized in Nepal.
He is an awardee of ISHBT and EHA Grant award for training on Lymphoid malignancies (2018).
He is actively involved in taking care of Lymphoma and Multiple Myeloma patients at NCHRC. Besides this, he is also involved in the Infection Prevention Committee, which has played an instrumental role in handling the COVID crisis at NCHRC.
1) SajinRajbhandary,MD “Paraproteinemia Associated Peripheral Neuropathy” Nepalese Journal of Cancer. Vol.1 Issue1 Sept 2017
2) SajinRajbhandary, MD, Mingfeng Zhao, MD&PhD, Nan Zhao, MD, Wenyi Lu, MD, Haibo Zhu, MD, JuanxiaMeng, MD, Xiao Chai, MD, Xia Xiao, MD, Qi Deng, MD, Yuming Li, MD and Yuliang Wang, PhDMultiple Cytotoxic Factors and JAK/STAT Pathways Are Involved in the Enhanced Antitumor Function of CIK Cells Induced by IL-21 Asia Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention
DOI : 10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.10.5825 Impact Factor 2.1
3) RajbhandarySajin, Zhao Mingfeng, Mu Juan, Li Yuming, Diffuse Large B cell lymphoma with symptoms of renal failure at initial presentationLifeSci J 2013; 10(3): Impact Factor-0.165
4) Murari Man Shrestha, Hari Prasad Dhakal, Binita Gurung, Sajin Rajbhandary et al. Caring Cancer Patients while Living with COVID-19: An Experience of a Tertiary Cancer Care Center Vol 4 No 1 (2020): Nepalese Journal of Cancer.
5) Wenyi Lu, Mingfeng Zhao, SajinRajbhandary ,Fang Xie, Xiao Chai, Juan Mu, JuanxiaMeng, Yongjun Liu, Yan Jiang, XinnvXu, AiminMeng.Free iron catalyzes oxidative damage to hematopoietic cells/ mesenchymal stem cells in vitro and suppresses hematopoiesis in iron overload patients.European Journal of Hematology. DOI: 10.1111/ejh.12159. IF-2.564
6) Zhao Mingfeng, Zhu Haibo, RajbhandarySajin, Xiao xia, Deng Qi Clinical Significance of Leukemia Stem Cells Immunophenotype Expression in Patients with Acute Leukemia. Life Sci J 2013; 10(2): 2543-2548 IF-0.165
Posters Presentations :
1) SajinRajbhandary, MD,Mingfeng Zhao, MD&PhD, Nan Zhao, MD, Wenyi Lu, MD, Haibo Zhu, MD, JuanxiaMeng, MD, Xiao Chai, MD, Xia Xiao, MD, Qi Deng, MD, Yuming Li, MD and Yuliang Wang, PhDMultiple Cytotoxic Factors and JAK/STAT Pathways Are Involved in the Enhanced Antitumor Function of CIK Cells Induced by IL-21In:54th ASH Annual meeting and exposition December 8, 2012 Atlanta,US: Oral and Poster Abstract
2) Mingfeng Zhao, MD&PhD, Haibo Zhu, MD, SajinRajbhandary, MD, Xia Xiao, MD, Qi Deng, MD, Juan Mu, MD, Qing Li, MD and Yuming Li, MD Leukemic Stem Cells Immunophenotype Expression in Patients with Acute Leukemia Has a Poor Prognosis In:54th ASH Annual meeting and exposition December 9, 2012,Atlanta,US: Oral and Poster Abstract
3) SajinRajbhandry, SudipShreshta et al. A single center protocol based approach to early identification, management and resuscitation in Sepsis. September 2016 SFON conference Kathmandu Nepal. Oral Presentation
4) SajinRajbhandary M.D, SudipShrestha M.D, SachinShakya M.D, Bijesh Raj GhimireM.Factors associated with Chemotherapy induced amenorrhea in premenopausal women with Ca breast. Poster Presentation ACOS 2014 New Delhi.
5) SajinRajbhandary, SudipShrestha,PuskarKunwor,RanishShrestha, BanitaGurung, SumitraGurung, HariDhakal, “Escalation/Deescalation of Antimicrobials in cancer patients with sepsis at a tertiary cancer center in Nepal.” Oral Presentation on 14th International Conference of Society of Internal Medicine of Nepal, Kathmandu.
6) SajinRajbhandary, RubinaChhantyal, SudipShrestha. Clinicopathological features and treatment outcome in non hodgkins lymphoma in a tertiary cancer center in nepal. Poster Presentation Korean Cancer Association 45th Annual meeting and 4th International Cancer Conference June 20-21 2019, Seoul, South Korea.
7) Rajbhandary, S.; Shrestha, S.; Shakya, S. Clinicopathological features and treatment outcome in Non GCB, Double/Triple Expressor Diffuse Large Cell Lymphoma in a tertiarycancer center in Nepal.Highlights of Past European Hematology Association (HOPE) Asia 2019 Kolkata, India from August 23-25, 2019
- Nepalese Society of Medical Oncology (NESMO)
- European Hematology Association (EHA)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)