Dr. Prabhat Chandra Thakur:
Designation: Consultant & Unit Chief/Program Director Head & Neck Oncology
Qualification: MBBS, MS(ORL-HNS), Fellowship Head & Neck Oncology
Department: Head and Neck Oncology Unit
Special interest: Reconstructive surgery and Minimal Invasive surgery in Head & Neck.
Dr Prabhat Chandra Thakur earned his MBBS degree from BPKIHS, Dharan and M.S from the prestigious PGI, Chandigarh, India.He has done his fellowship in Head & Neck Oncology from IFHNOS (International Federation of Head & Neck oncology society). He is fellow of International Federation of Head & Neck oncology society(IFHNOS). He is also done fellowship in Minimal Invasive thyroid surgery from Bangkok, Thailand. He has worked for 3 year as Consultant in Head & Neck oncology at B.P. Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital (BPKMCH). He also worked as Unit chief of Head & Neck oncology at Bhaktapur Cancer Hospital and helped in establishing Head & Neck oncology Unit there. Currently He is working as consultant & unit chief, Head & Neck Oncology at Nepal Cancer Hospital & Research center from 2017. He has performed more than 1000 major Head and Neck cancer surgery along with Reconstruction. He is pioneer of Scarless Minimal invasive Thyroid Surgery (Endoscopic thyroidectomy) in Nepal ,a procedure performed at only few center in world.
He has many articles published in indexed journals
- Life time Membership of society of otolaryngology of Nepal (SOL).
- Life time Membership of Foundation of Head & Neck oncology (FHNO)
- Active member of Asia pacific thyroid society (APTS).
- Designate Member abroad – Bangladesh oral cancer society.
- Member of Editorial Committee-Journal of Bangladesh oral cancer society
- Founder Member Surgical Oncology Society Nepal