MBBS, MD (NMC Regd. 7267)
Assistant Consultant Radiation Oncologist
Advanced application of Brachytherapy, Radiotherapy.
Dr Bajracharya has been practicing as a radiation oncologist for more than 3.5 years now. He has a clinical experience of seeing more than 200 cancer cases per week in his previous tenure in Bhaktapur Cancer Hospital (BCH, May 2017 – December 2019).
He completed his MBBS under CU (Chittagong University) in 2006 AD from USTC (University of Science and Technology, Chittagong), Chittagong, Bangladesh. With 4 years of work experience as a full time house officer in different medical institutions inside Kathmandu, he then went on to do his Post-Graduation in Radiation Oncology at Jose R. Reyes Memorial Medical Center, Manila, PHILIPPINES (July, 2012 to June, 2016). With further Clinical Observership / Training of 3 months in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Center Mumbai, India (January 2017 – March 2017), he then joined BCH. During this time, he had an opportunity of an honorary observership, 3 months Oncology Fellowship Programme at The Institution of Cancer Research & The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, UK (2018).
His experience in the field of radiotherapy ranges from primordial Cobalt-60 teletherapy to modern linear accelerator (LINAC) with advanced technologies such as IGRT (Image Guided Radiotherapy)/Rapid Arc. With a keen focus on radiotherapy and brachytherapy, he has interest in research/evidence-based treatment approach.
- Adaptation of Computed Tomography-Based Intracavitary Brachytherapy for Cancer of the Uterine Cervix: A Single Institution Experience Bajracharya NK, Calaguas M, Fineza AM, Galingana JJ, Department of Radiation Oncology, Jose R. Reyes Memorial Medical Center, Manila, Philippines (Unpublished, accepted in JASTRO – JApanese Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology).
- Surface brachytherapy in skin cancer with High Dose Rate Remote Afterloader: An Experience from NCHRC. Gisupnikha Prasiko, Bibek Acharya, Ambuj Karn, Ranjana Karmacharya, Sudhir Silwal, Navin Bajracharya, S Venu Gopal, Suman Baral, Prafulla Jha, Nepal Cancer Hospital and Research Center
- Nepal Medical Association (NMA) – Member
- South-asian Federation of Oncologists in Nepal (SFON) – Member
- Nepalese Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncologists (NESTRO) – Member
- Life time member (# LM-2819) AROI (Association of Radiation Oncologist in India) – Maharashtra Chapter
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) – Member