ABOUT Dr. Manish Kolakshyapati
MBBS, MD, Ph.D. (NMC Regd. 9292)
Neuro-oncology and Neuro-intervention, including various benign and malignant tumors of the Brain and Spine.
Dr Kolakshyapati did his MBBS (2004-2010) from Universal College of Medical Sciences – Teaching Hospital (UCMS-TH), Tribhuvan University, Nepal. He earned his medical degree and continued his post-graduate training (2013-2018) in Neurosurgery at Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan. During his medical training, he was awarded with numerous awards including “B.P. Suwarna Memorial Gold Medal“ in 2014 and prestigious “Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Japanese Government Scholarship“ from 2013-2018 which best exemplifies the characteristics of an ideal clinician.
As his post-graduation thesis focuses on early detection and differentiation of various brain tumors with minimal invasion, his special interest focuses on early detection and differentiation of various brain tumors for timely management and better prognosis. He has been working at various center in his full capacity as a qualified neurosurgeon and has been providing services as per his expertise. He joined NCHRC since September 2019.
He believes that a holistic model of treatment provides the most effective therapeutic result. He is committed to help his patients understand their health conditions to make informed decisions about their health rather than feel lost or confused. Through the years, he has utilized his qualifications and experience in communicating with patients and performing various professional therapeutic procedures and surgeries.
He is the Section Editor of Nepalese Journal of Neurosurgeons (NJNS), Executive Editor in Grande Medical Journal (GMJ), Reviewer in World Neurosurgery, SN Comprehensive Clinical Medicine, World Journal of Surgical Oncology, Interdisciplinary Neurosurgery: Advanced Techniques and Case Management.
- Yusuke Takeishi, Takeshi Takayasu, Manish Kolakshyapati, Ushio Yonezawa, Vishwa Jeet Amatya, et al. Advantage of high b value diffusion-weighted imaging for differentiation of common pediatric brain tumors in posterior fossa. European Journal of Radiology, 128, 108983, 2020
- Shumpei Onishi, Vishwa Jeet Amatya, Manish Kolakshyapati, Motoki Takano, Ushio Yonezawa, et al. T2-FLAIR mismatch sign in dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor. European Journal of Radiology, 126, 108924, 2020
- Sayuru Tsuyuguchi, Kazuhiko Sugiyama, Yasuyuki Kinoshita, Manish Kolakshyapati, Takeshi Takayasu, et al. Primary and recurrent growing teratoma syndrome in central nervous system non-germinomatous germ cell tumors: case series and review of the literature. World Neurosurg. 134: e360-e371, 2020
- Yamasaki, F., Takano, M., Yonezawa, U., Taguchi, A., Kolakshyapati, M. et al.: Bevacizumab for optic pathway glioma with worsening visual field in absence of imaging progression: 2 case reports and literature review. Childs Nerv Syst. Nov 2019.
- Yamasaki, F, Kolakshyapati, M, Takano, M, et al. Effect of bevacizumab against cystic components of brain tumors.Cancer Med., 8: 6519– 6527, 2019
- Manish Kolakshyapati, Akira Hashizume, Kazuhide Ochi, Hiroki Ueno, et al. Usefulness of Histogram-Profile Analysis in Ring-Enhancing Intracranial Lesions. World Neurosurgery, 131, e226-e236, 2019
- Prabin Shrestha, Isha Dhungana, Manish Kolakshyapati, Anish M Singh. A Rare Case of Left Common Carotid Trifurcation Giving Origin to Vertebral Artery. Annals of Clinical Case Studies, 1, 36-37, 2019
- Manish Kolakshyapati, Tejashwi Shrestha, Anish Man Singh, Rupendra Bahadur Adhikari, Prabin Shrestha, Updates on 2016 CNS tumor classification – Where do we stand?. Grande Medical Journal (GMJ), 1(1), 2019
- Madan Bajagain, Shanta Thapa, Manish Kolakshyapati, Anish M Singh, Prabin Shrestha. Anterior Screw Fixation for Odontoid Fracture: A Report of Three Cases. BBMed 2:103-108, 2018
- Shumpei Onishi, Yoshinori Kajiwara, Takeshi Takayasu, Manish Kolakshyapati, et al, Perfusion Computed Tomography Parameters Are Useful for Differentiating Glioblastoma, Lymphoma, and Metastasis. World Neurosurgery, 119, e890-e897, 2018
- Manish Kolakshyapati, FusaoI kawa, Masaru Abiko, Takafumi Mitsuhara, Masaaki Takeda, Tejashwi Shrestha, Kaoru Kurisu: Usefulness of pre-operative simulation in skull-base approach: A case report. Journal of Neurological Surgery, Part-B (skull-base), 79 (Suppl 4): S378-S382, 2018
- Manish Kolakshyapati, Masaaki Takeda, Takafumi Mitsuhara, Satoshi Yamaguchi, Masaru Abiko, Shingo Matsuda, Kaoru Kurisu: Isolated Tuberculoma Mimicking Foramen Magnum Meningioma in Absence of Primary Tuberculosis: A case report. Neurospine; 15(3):277-282, 2018
- Prabin Shrestha, Anish M Singh, Manish Kolakshyapati. Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy: Analysis of 41 Cases. BBMed, 2:28-33, 2018
- Kai-Chuang Yang, Tejashwi Shrestha, Manish Kolakshyapati, Ling-Fei Shi, et al. Occult community acquired Klebsiella pneumoniaepurulent meningitis in an adult: A case report. 97(25): e11017, 2018
- Fumiyuki Yamasaki, Yasuyuki Kinoshita, Takeshi Takayasu, Satoshi Usui, Manish Kolakshyapati, et al. Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Detection of High Lipid Levels and Low Apparent Diffusion Coefficient Is Characteristic of Germinomas. World Neurosurgery, 112, e84-e94, 2018
- Manish Kolakshyapati, FusaoI kawa, Masaru Abiko, Takafumi Mitsuhara, Yasuki Kinoshita, Masaaki Takeda, Kaoru Kurisu: Multivariate risk factor analysis and literature review of post-operative deterioration in KPS in elderly patients with skull-base meningioma. Neurosurgical Focus 44(4), E14, 2018
- Shumpei Onishi, Fumiyuki Yamasaki, Yoshiko Nakano, Takeshi Takayasu, Vishwa J. Amatya, Manish Kolakshyapati et al: RELA fusion-positive anaplastic ependymoma: molecular characterization and advanced MR imaging. Brain Tumor Pathology, Oct 2017.
- 18.Ryo Nosaka, Fumiyuki Yamasaki, Taiichi Saito, Takeshi Takayasu, Manish Kolakshyapati et al: Role for loss of nuclear PTEN in a harbinger of brain metastases. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience 44: 148-154, 2017.
- Yuyo Maeda, Satoshi Yamaguchi, Masaaki Takeda, Manish Kolakshyapati, et al. A Case of Foraminal Disc Herniation Successfully Treated via Paraspinal Transpars Approach. Hiroshima J. Med. Sci. 66(2), 45-48, 2017
- Kaichuang Yang, Lin Lou, Tejashwi Shrestha, Manish Kolakshyapati: Can the part of the abducens nerve encased in the tumor be reconstructed entirely by diffusion tensor imaging? Turk Neurosurg 27(3): 482, 2017
- Shingo Matsuda, Satoshi Yamaguchi, Yosuke Kajihara, Masaki Takeda, Manish Kolakshyapati et al: Neurological Decline in an older patient with repaired myelomeningocele complicated with lumbar canal stenosis. World Neurosurgery 103: 952.e1-952.e4, 2017
- Satoshi Yamaguchi, Kohei Takemoto, Masaaki Takeda, Yosuke Kajihara, Takafumi Mitsuhara, Manish Kolakshyapati et al: The position and role of four-dimensional computed tomography angiography in the diagnosis and treatment of spinal arteriovenous fistulas. World Neurosurgery 103: 611-619, 2017
- Kaichuang Yang, Tejashwi Shrestha, Manish Kolakshyapati: Letter: Visualization of cranial nerves using high-definition fiber tractography. Neurosurgery 80(5): E251, 2017
- Shumpei Onishi, Takanori Hirose, Takeshi Takayasu, Ryo Nosaka, Manish Kolakshyapati et al: Advantage of high b value diffusion-weighted imaging for differentiation of hemangioblastoma from brain metastases in posterior fossa. World Neurosurgery 101: 643-650, 2017
- Vega Karlowee, Manish Kolakshyapati, Vishwa J. Amatya, et al: Diffuse leptomeningeal glioneuronal tumor (DLGNT) mimicking Whipple’s disease: a case report and literature review. Childs Nerv System 33: 1411-1414, 2017
- Fumiyuki Yamasaki, Takeshi Takayasu, Ryo Nosaka, Ikuno Nishibuchi, Hiroshi Kawaguchi, Manish Kolakshyapati et al: Development of cystic malacia after high-dose cranial irradiation of pediatric CNS tumors in long-term follow-up. Childs Nerv Syst 33: 957-964, 2017
- Kaichuang Yang, Fusao Ikawa, Shumpei Onishi, Manish Kolakshyapati, Masaaki Takeda et al: Preoperative simulation of the running course of the abducens nerve in a large petroclival meningioma: a case report and literature review. Neurosurgical Review 40(2): 339-343, 2017
- Manish Kolakshyapati, Rupendra B. Adhikari, Vega Karlowee, Takeshi Takayasu, Ryo Nosaka et al: Nonenhancing peritumoral hyperintense lesion on diffusion-weighted imaging in glioblastoma: a novel diagnostic and specific prognostic indicator. J Neurosurg. 28(3): 667-678, 2018.
- Hideo Ohba, Satoshi Yamaguchi, Takuro Magari, Masaaki Takeda, Manish Kolakshyapati et al: A case of holocord leptomeningeal dissemination from cerebellar hemangioblastoma without von hippel-lindau disease. Hiroshima Journal of Medical Sciences 66(1): 7-10, 2017
- Hideo Ohba, Satoshi Yamaguchi, Takashi Sadatomo, Masaaki Takeda, Manish Kolakshyapati et al: Surgical resection of large encephalocele: a report of two cases and consideration of resectability based on developmental morphology. Child’s Nervous System 33(3): 541-545, 2017
- Kaichung Yang, Manish Kolakshyapati, Tejashwi Shrestha, L Lou, Shuda Chen: Rosai-Dorfman Disease of Isolated Spinal Involvement and isolated intracranial involvements. World Neurosurgery 98: 862-863, 2017
- Vega K., Vishwa J. A., Hirofumi H., Takeshi T. Ryo N., Manish K., Masako Y. et al: Multicentric Glioma Develops via a Mutant IDH1-Independent Pathway: Immunohistochemical Study of Multicentric Glioma. Pathobiology 84(2): 99-107
- Kaichuang Yang, Manish Kolakshyapati, Tejashwi Shrestha, Lin Lou: Isolated intramedullary Rosai-Dorfman disease. Surg Neurol Int 7(1): 100, 2016
- Rupendra B. Adhikari, Masaaki Takeda, Manish Kolakshyapati,Shigeyuki Sakamoto et al: Somatosensory Evoked Potential in carotid artery stenting: Effectiveness in ascertaining cerebral ischemic events. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience 30: 71-76,2016
- Ochai Junichiro, Yamaguchi Satoshi, Takeda Masaaki, Rupendra B.Adhikari, Manish Kolakshyapati et al: A case of Cutaneous Meningioma in Rudimentary Meningocele. Hiroshima Journal of Medical Sciences 65(1): 9-12, March 2016
- Fumiyuki Yamasaki, Yuji Akiyama, Ryu Tsumura, ManishKolakshyapati et al.: Post-traumatic Unilateral Avulsion of the Abducens Nerve with Damage to Cranial Nerves VII and VIII:Case Report. NMC Case Report Journal 3(3): 81-83, 2016
- Manish Kolakshyapati, Rupendra B. Adhikari, Masaaki Takeda,Satoshi Yamaguchi, Mizuki Morishige, Kaoru Kurisu: Posterior Ring Apophysis Separation (PRAS): A relatively rare clinical entity in adolescents and young adults. Nepal Journal of Neuroscience 11(1): 38-42, 2014
- Prabin Shrestha, Isha Dhungana Shrestha, Samantha Tamrakar,Manish Kolakshyapati: Selective Median Nerve Neurotomy for Severe Flexion Deformity of Hand. Nepal Journal of Neuroscience 10(1): 3-6, 2013
- Manish Kolakshyapati, Samantha Tamrakar, Isha Dhungana,Prabin Shrestha: Persistent Trigeminal Artery: A Case Report. Nepal Journal of Neuroscience 9(2): 91-93, 2012
- Prabin Shrestha, Samantha Tamrakar, Manish Kolakshyapati, Basant Pant: Brain Mass: A case with diagnostic and treatment dilemma. Nepal Journal of Neuroscience 9(1): 46-48, 2012
- Japanese Government Advanced Clinical Training, Permit No. 1593
- Nepalese Society of Neurosurgeons (NESON) – Full Member
- Nepal Medical Council , NMC No. 9292