MBBS, MS, Fellow (NMC Regd. 3026)
Senior Consultant Gynecologic Oncologist, Department of Surgical Oncology
Cytoreductive surgery of ovarian cancer, Endometrial cancer, Cervical cancer screening, Radical Hysterectomy, Hysteroscopy and Laparoscopy.
Dr Bajracharya is a NMC registered Gynecologic Oncologist dedicated at Nepal Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Harisidhhi. She did her MBBS from University of Science & Technology, Bangladesh (1999), MD from School of International Education Zhengzhou University, China (2006), Fellowship from Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, Delhi (2015-2016).
She has been working in Gynecologic Oncology for more than 5 years. She is well known for her compassion and dedication towards patient care. She has working experience of more than 13 years. Before working at NCHRC, she had worked at Paropakar and Maternity Hospital for 5 and 1/2 years and more than 3 years at Kathmandu Medical College and Teaching Hospital.
She routinely performs radical surgical procedures of various gynecological malignancies. She has special interest in minimal invasive gynecological surgeries like laparoscopic and hysteroscopic procedures for non malignant cases.
She presented her work in many national and international forums and like to keep updates of her work. She was an awardee of 2nd Prize for Oral Paper presentation during RGCON 2016, Delhi. She was a Clinical Visiting Fellow in Division of Minimally Invasive Gynecology in Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Centre, Saket, Delhi (November 2016). She is interested in community work and has conducted various cancer awareness programs and camps held in different parts of the country.
Honors and awards
- Awarded 2nd Prize for Oral Paper presentation during RGCON 2016, Delhi.
- Bajracharya Shakya A, Jain V, Shekhon R, Rawal S, Mehta A. Diagnostic Accuracy of Intraoperative Frozen Section in Ovarian Neoplasms: Experience in a Tertiary Oncology.Kathmandu Univ Med J.2018;63(3):259-62.
- Jain V, Shekhon R, Giri S, Bora RR, Batra K, Bajracharya A, Rawal S. Role of radical surgery in early stages of vaginal cancer-our exprience. International journal of gynecological Cancer.2016 jul;26(6):1176-81.
- Bajracharya A.Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Contraception among Postpartum women attending Kathmandu Medical College Teaching Hospital. Kathmandu Univ Med J 2015;52(4):292-7.
- Bajracharya A, Saha R, Shakya A. Pregnancy outcome in Gestational diabetes mellitus.Journal of Kathmandu Medical College, 2015;3(3):107-112.
- 4.Bajracharya A,Shah R.Laparoscopic retrieval of displaced copper T:Two case reports.Journal of Kathmandu Medical College,2014 March; 3(1):38-40.
- NESOG (Nepal Society of Obstetric and Gynecology)
- GOSON (Gynecologic Oncology Society of Nepal)
- AGOI (Association of Gynecological Oncologists of India)
- ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology)
- IGCS (International Gynecologic Cancer Society)