ABOUT Dr. Anju Shrestha
Sr. Consultant Gynaecologic Oncologist, Unit Head, MBBBS,MD
Dr. Anju Shrestha is working as Senior Consultant and Unit Head of Gynae Oncology Department of Nepal Cancer Hospital and Research Center since the establishment of the Hospital. She acquired her medical degree MBBS from Medical College of Medical science ,Pokhara (Topper in OBG) and MD OBG from BPKIHS, Dharan.
She is one of the leading Gynaecologic Oncologists in Nepal. She is among a few surgeons in Nepal who perform Radical Hysterectomy,lymphnode dissection, laparotomy for advanced Ovarian Cancer, Laparoscopic Gynae Surgery and Hysteroscopy. She had been an Associate Professor at CMCTH (TU) since 2013. Currently she is also promoting preventing oncology at this institute like running large community based awareness campaigns, early detection and preventive programs especially focusing on cervical and breast cancers in rural areas.
She has immense interest in research and publication and currently hold the position of member secretary of IRC-NCHRC.She has presented many paper and poster presentation in National and International conference and has been invited as international Faculty.
- Extensive cytoreductive surgery in advanced gynae cancer/ pelvic exenteration.
- Laparoscopic radical hysterectomy, laparoscopic pelvic lymphnode dissection
- HPV testing and vaccine for cervical cancer prevention program
Fellowship & Training:
- Gynae-Oncology from Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital and Research Center New Delhi
- Fellowship training in the Minimal Access Onco-surgery from Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Hyderabad, India.
- Training on Advance Laparoscopic Gynaecology surgery from Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, Mumbai, India
- Training in Advance Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy and Infertility training from Vardaman Trauma and Laparoscopy center, Muzaffarnagar, UP, India.
- Received S.S.Ratnam Young Gynaecologist Award in AOFOG 2013, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Received Shingo Fuji young Doctors Summit Award : IGCS Biennial Meeting 2018, Kyoto, Japan
- Comparison of intramyometrial and intramuscular 15 methyl PGF2 alpha against traditional prophylactic intramuscular methergin for the active management of third stage of labor. Anju Shrestha, MS Urala, Dhurba Upreti, Surya Niraula. NJOG 2008 Nov-Dec;3 (2):35-39.
- Adenomyosis at Hysterectomy: Prevalence, Patient Characteristics, Clinical Profile and Histopatholgical Findings. Shrestha A, Shrestha R, Sedhai LB, Pandit U. KUMJ | VOL. 10 | NO. 1 | ISSUE 37 | JAN-MAR, 2012. (pub med)
- Risk factor for adenomyosis Shrestha A. J Nepal Health Res Counc. 2012 Sep;10(22):229-33.(pub med)
- The effcacy and acceptability of medical abortion of less than 63 days gestation in Chitwan . A Shrestha and LB Sedai. Journal of Chitwan Medical College; 2012, 1(2); 1- 4.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding; its prevalence, causes and management in Chitwan. LB Sedhai and A Shrestha. Journal of Chitwan Medical College; 2012, 1(2); 36-38
- Understanding clinical features of adenomyosis: a case control study. A Shrestha and LB Sedai.Nepal Medical college Journal vol 14 No3 September 2012 pp176-79.(pub med)
- A Randomized Trial Comparing Skin Closure in Cesarean Section: Interrupted Suture with Nylon vs Sub cuticular Suture with No ‘1’ Polyflament. Shrestha A, Napit J, Neupane B, Sedhai LB.J Nepal Health Res Counc 2013 Oct; 11(25): 240-3 (pub med)
- A Randomized Trial of Hospital Vs Home self-administration of Vaginal Misoprostol for Medical abortion. Shrestha A, Sedhai LB. KUMJ I VOL.12 I NO.3 I ISSUE 47 I JULY-SEPT 2014. (pub med)
- Nepal Medical Council (NMC), Registration of Specialist Qualification.
- Nepal Medical Council (NMC), Registration No. 3189.
- Nepal Medical Association: Life Member
- Life Member of (NESOG), No.195 (26/06/2063)
- Member of American Society of clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Member of International Gynaecologic Cancer Society(IGCS)
- Member of Rotary Club Yala