MBBS, MD, Fellow- Hemato-Onco & BMT, Fellow-IHTC
(NMC Regd. 4770)
Unit Chief, Consultant Hematologist
Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma, Aplastic anemia, Thalassemia, Hemophilia, & Bone Marrow Transplant
Dr. Shrestha is one of the pioneering Clinical Hematologist of Nepal with the experience of more than twelve years in Hematology field. He did his MD, Hematology from Fudan University, Shanghai. He did his further training in Hemato-Oncology and Bone Marrow transplant from Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India and from University of Sapienza, Rome, and University of Piemonte, Italy. He did his IHTC fellowship training from National Blood Bank, Kuala-Lumpur, Malaysia.
He has been providing service in the field of Hematology in Nepal since 2008 A.D. He had worked at Kanti Children Hospital’s Oncology department from 2008 to 2011A.D. He had worked as Senior Resident in Hemato-Oncology & Bone Marrow transplant Unit at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, Delhi (2011 to 2012 A.D), and at Hematology Department of Civil Service Hospital (2012 to 2017). At present he is working as Unit Chief, Consultant Hematologist at Nepal Cancer Hospital & Research Center.
He is an expert in treating patients with Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma, Aplastic anemia, Thalassemia, Hemophilia, & Bone Marrow Transplant.
He had been rewarded by Nepal Hemophilia Society for his significant contribution for the treatment of persons with Hemophilia on 15th April 2015 and Nepal Thalassemia Society for his significant contribution for the treatment of Thalassemia patients on 8th May 2018.
He has contributed in developing
- Guidelines on appropriate use of Blood and Standards of Blood transfusion service in Nepal.
- Guidelines on waste management on Blood transfusion Service.
- Hemovigelence reporting guidelines in Nepal.
He has many articles published in indexed journals.
- National Technical Advisory Committee Member of National Bureau of Blood Transfusion Service.
- SAARC Federation of Oncology- Nepal Chapter (SFO-N)
- Visiting Consultant at Nepal Thalassemia Society.
- Medical Committee member of Nepal Hemophilia Society.