MBBS,DLO,MD (NMC Regd 366)
Head of the Department, Senior Consultant, Department of Radiation Oncology
Advisor Nepal Cancer Hospital & Research Center
Dr Prasiko has over 25 years experience in radiotherapy service in Nepal. He is considered to be one of the key person to establish Radiotherapy service at BP Koirala Memorial cancer Hospital (BPKMCH), Chitwan and at Nepal cancer hospital and research center, Lalitpur. He is the head in department of Radiation Oncology, as well as advisor of Nepal Cancer Hospital and Nepal Cancer Support Group.
He did his MBBS from Sambalpur University, Orissa, India(1983); DLO (Postgraduate Diploma in Laryngorhino Otology) from Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal(1988); MD (Radiotherapy) from Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal , Karnataka, India (1993 Jan – Dec 1995). He is also awardee of WHO fellowship (Nominated by Govt. of Nepal). He then attended several training aboard that included Training Observation of 3 Months in Clinical Oncology Unit, University Hospital, Malaysia (Oct 1998 – Dec 1998); UICC (ICRETT) Fellowship of 1 Month in Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Australia (May 1- May 30, 2001); Training Observation of 1 Month in Departmant of Radiotherapy, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India (Sep- Oct 2001); Training Observation of 3 weeks on High Energy Linac Support, Acceptance test, Quality Assurance in Varian Education Center, Milpitas, California, USA (Nov 19 – Dec 14, 2001).
As a part of his professional career, he had been affiliated with many institutions in Nepal. He had worked as a Senior Consultant & Head of Department of Radiation Oncology (April, 2006 to Aug 2016) at Bhaktapur Cancer Hospital, Bhaktapur, Nepal; Consultant and Head of the Department of Radiation Oncology (Dec 2000 – March 2006) at BP Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital, Bharatpur, Nepal; Teacher, National Academy of Medical sciences(NAMS), Kathmandu (Jan 2002- May 2005); Associate Professor, NAMS, Kathmandu (May 2005 – May 2007); Junior Consultant and Head of Department (July 1998 – Dec 2000), Radiation Oncologist (Jan 1996 – Sep 1998) at Bir Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal.
He is president of NESTRO (Nepalese Society of Therapeutic Radiotherapy and Oncology) and
PRECAN (Prevent Cancer, Non profitable Non Government organization) engaged in Prevention of Cancer in Nepal. He is founder general secretary of SAARC federation of oncologists – Nepal (SFO-N) and has also served as chairperson of SFO-N and BP Memorial Cancer Hospital.
He is also a founder member of Nepal Medical College Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu and at present one of the Board of Directors. He has also served as Executive Member of Nepal Medical Council for two tenures. He is also member of Board of Director of OM Hospital & Research Center, Chabahil, Kathmandu.
He has published a dozen of scientific papers in indexed journals as primary and co-author. He has been invited as guest speaker in various national and international conferences. He has been actively involved in various cancer awareness programs and free health camps in different parts of Nepal.
With all this gracious experience now he is keen to improve the preventive aspect of oncology in Nepal.
- An accidental over exposure of Mednif Telecobalt machine in Nepal- Journal of medical Physics
- Survey of radiation protection level of different Teletherapy Machine in Nepal – Journal of Medical Physics July slept 1999
- Retrospective study of Brachytherapy in cervical cancer in BPKMCH, Bharatpur, Journal of NMA, 2004
- Srivastava R. P,Chaurasia PP, Chand S, PrasikoG, R: Practice of Quality Assurance of HDR Brachytherapy in Nepal;Jan 2007; (pp.1739-1741)
- Jha AK, Prasiko G, Mod H, Chaurasia PP, Srivastava R: Curative interstitial brachytherapy for early stage carcinoma of lip—A case report. Journal of Clinical Oncology; 2006 June; 24(18_suppl):15547-15547
- Jha AK, Prasiko G, Mod H, Chaurasia PP, Srivastava R: Endocavitary radiotherapy in carcinoma oesophagus. JNMA J Nepal Med Assoc; 2006 Jan; 45(161):173-7
- Mod H, Prasiko G, Jha AK, Chaurasia PP, Srivastava R: Radiotherapy for splenomegaly. JNMA J Nepal Med Assoc; 2005 Jul-Sep; 44(159):97-9
- Life member, NMA (Nepal Medical Association)
- Life member, SOL ( Society of Otolaryngorhinology ), Nepal
- Life member, SFO (SAARC Federation Of Oncology), Nepal chapter
- Fellow and Life member of Association of UICC (International Union Against Cancer Fellows)
- Life Member NESTRO (Nepalese Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology)