Posture Awareness Program:
On 15th November, 2018, Human Resource Unit of NCHRC conducted “2 Hours Posture Awareness Program” for cleaner, attendant and laundry staff (both inhouse and outsource) in coordination with Physiotherapy Unit. Total 57 staffs attended the program. There were attendants from different wards, pathology, pharmacy and OPD, from laundry, cleaning and security as well.
The main purpose of the program was to make aware about bad/ wrong body posture staffs are making during their work and the effect of them in the long term. The motto of the program was “Work smarter not harder”
Physiotherapist Mr. Rajendra Khatri and Assistant Physiotherapist Ms. Kranti Panta delivered the following contents.
1. Definition on ergonomic, ergonomic disorder, benefits of ergonomics, why do organization care about ergonomics, ergonomic factor
2. Good and bad/ right and wrong body posture
3. Correct sitting, walking, lifting and sleeping posture
4. Most common pain area due to wrong body posture
5. Benefits of good body posture
6. Personal safety tips according to OSHA
7. Manual dos and don’ts at workplace while lifting, moving, turning around, on staircase, reaching overhead items etc.
8. Adjusting the workstation to fit the body
9. Type of injuries and common regions of injury caused due to wrong body posture.
10. Physiotherapy unit also made the participants clear on the good selection of shoes for daily basis.
11. Along with the theory class, Physiotherapist Mr. Rajendra Khatri and Assistant Physiotherapist Ms. Kranti Panta showed 14 stretches to release work stress